DuPont NutriScholars Awards (DNA) program is initiated by DuPont Nutrition & Health to drive commercially viable innovation in academic fraternity and increase DuPont’s capabilities in local/ethnic foods by engaging academia at multiple levels.
India is one among the fastest growing economies in the world where the localization of global technologies and solutions will lead to improvement in the speed of innovation which in-turn can support the food industry to deliver healthy and convenient products. There is a need to create a platform for the academia, students in the field of food science and technology to work closely with the industry to understand the challenges and to provide creative ideas using functional and health-promoting food ingredients to fuel the growth in this segment.
The platform strengthens DuPont’s objective of bringing innovative food ideas in local and ethnic food industry using DuPontTM Danisco® range of ingredients.
The program aims to…
Provide a platform for collaboration between industry, academia, and students.
Develop commercially scalable innovation capability of university students with support from DuPont Nutrition & Health.
Create a pipeline of innovative food ideas in local and ethnic Indian foods using DuPontTM Danisco® range of functional and health-promoting food ingredients.
The DuPont NutriScholars Awards 2017 edition features three distinctive award categories:
- Best Innovation in Local Food : Popular Indian snacks or main course re-designed with the benefit of great taste and texture and a convenient format targeting consumers-on-the-go. Innovation in successfully industrializing an existing local recipe, being processed traditionally in the market. It can be a main course, snack or any other category. (e.g.: increase shelf life, better eating experience etc.)
- Most Nutritious Food Idea : A spectacular twist to the traditional delicacies in a better-for-you, wholesome dish for the health lovers, significantly improving the nutritional profile of a popular traditional (ethnic) food item/product which is a local favourite. This can include reduction of fat, sugar and salt in addition to improving the nutritional profile of the food idea overall.
- Ultimate Health & Wellness Product : A compelling product, with the goodness of natural and intrinsic health benefits for the modern day natural health seekers.
Food products with ayurvedic/medicinal values to improve health and wellness. Whole herbal preparations and crude extracts complying withFSSAI/AYUSH guidelines may be used.
Note: The final product when consumed, should have medicinal/ayurvedic values coming from the use of these ayurvedic ingredients.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- First prize winning team in a category will be awarded INR 1,50,000
- Second prize winning team in a category will be awarded INR 1,00,000
- Third prize winning team in a category will be awarded INR 75,000