DuPont NutriScholars Awards - General Rules
Entries must include a paper concept based on local/ethnic Indian food product. Selection committee will be evaluating the product design proposal based on the innovativeness, potential of the product to be successful commercially and technical skills in product development using one or more DuPontTM Danisco® food ingredient. Following are the general rules for the program:
- No extra or additional score will be awarded by the selection committee other than the criteria mentioned for the two phases of the program.
- The program will focus on food science and technology skills in product design and development, so no extra points will be awarded for packaging graphics or presentation.
- Proposal already submitted for any other competition or funded by external or government agency must not be used/entered in this competition.
CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPATION AND SELECTION
- A team of 4-5 members from same institute which can include under graduate, post graduate, PhD students as well as a professors/research scientist as mentor.
- Each team member must be enrolled as a student at the university for the academic year 2017-2018.
- Each group can participate in all 3 categories. Entries have to be submitted separately for each category of award. No duplication allowed.
- It is mandatory to use at least one or more products from DuPontTM Danisco® ingredient portfolio in the final product. Refer annexure for list of ingredients that can be used in the product design and development. For any additional information and selection of specific ingredient(s), please contact Mr. Manivvannan Ambigapathy (Sr. Application Specialist, DuPont Nutrition & Health) at Manivvannan.Ambigapathy@dupont.com.
- Each university may submit maximum of 5 entries for each category.